Hey Buddy - I don't have any pictures this time, just a couple of cute stories and one big event!
First off, I have to tell you about your obsession with a little girl in Jake's class. Little Morgan is one year old and is just so cute! You've always have an affection for her. Every time we drop Jake off or pick him up, you always go straight to Morgan and hug her (and knock her down a lot of times!). But the other day, you saw her across the room and started running to her all puckered up to give her a kiss. Morgan saw you coming and started running! It was the funniest thing watching you chase her around trying to give her a kiss! You finally caught her and she wasn't too happy about it! She just doesn't understand how sweet you're trying to be - but I do!
Last weekend we had Jake's 6 month pictures taken at Miss Laura and Mr. Derrick's. Your dad and I took 2 cars over there - just in case you weren't on your best behavior. But we didn't need them! You were perfect. They had cartoons all set up for you, so you got your first taste of the Pink Panther! You were such a BIG help getting Jake to smile too. You played peekaboo behind the camera, and got him to smile some really good smiles! I was so proud! And Miss Laura and Mr. Derrick were very impressed!
Now for the big event! I think we've finally gotten rid of the paci!!!!! This has been something that I've been trying to get rid of for a while but we've kept them around to get you through some of the other things you've been accomplishing (potty training in particular). Well, Mommy got really worried that the pacis are affecting your teeth, so a few nights ago we "took care of them." Hopefully when you read this you'll understand why I did it, but I had to cut holes in them to make you not want them anymore! You put the 1st one in your mouth and said it was broken. I told you that you had outgrown them and they don't work anymore because you're such a big boy. I asked you if you wanted to throw it away and you did! You just walked right over to the trash can and threw it away! I think it hurt me more than it did you. I know how much you LOVE your pacis (but maybe not as much as I thought if you can throw them away that easily!!) You wanted to find more pacis, and we looked for a minute or two but couldn't find any, so you just went about your business. You went to bed just fine without it. The next night you went looking for another paci and we went through the same thing. The only issues we've had are that you'll wake up in the middle of the night crying a little and asking for Paci, but I just remind you that you got too big for them and we didn't have anymore and you're just fine. I will say though that the going to bed process was a lot easier when we did have them because they really did soothe you and calm you down. The past few nights you've been WIRED at bedtime and it's been hard to calm you, but I'm sure we'll get it figured out.
You're getting to be such a big boy!!! Until next time, Kiss Kiss from Mommy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment