You're such the world traveler - and not even 2 yet! This past weekend we took a quick trip down to Atlanta to see Mommy's friend Lisa and her 2 little girls Sydney and Caroline. You had such a good time! They've got some great toys!! But we brought your Sesame Street house - just in case! I thought Lisa was going to steal it from you. I think it brought back a lot of memories of her childhood! We went to dinner Friday night and then just hung out at her house. Then the next morning we went to the Georgia Aquarium!! We thought the Tennessee Aquarium was nice?! This was fantastic! You had such a great time looking at the huge sharks and fish! But one of your favorite things was the coin spirally thing (not really an aquarium exhibit, but fun nonetheless!).


You even watched a 3-D movie. It was really cute and you actually did pretty well. It was only 15 minutes, so that was perfect for you!
We stayed and had lunch there so it was quite a morning for you. I had Lisa take a picture of us as we were leaving, and I swear you were awake not 2 seconds before this picture, but you just couldn't keep your eyes open any longer!
Then we just hung out with the girls the rest of the weekend. The girls put on a ballet recital for you which you seemed to like! You seemed to have a fondness for older women! You kept trying to play with Sydney, and she really was good with you, but I think when you hit her with a spoon too many times, she was a little over you at that point! But we all had a great time. We'll have to go back and see them soon!
As for what you've been up to this week, well, I never thought you'd do this, but you actually climbed out of your crib one night!!!! You're just not a climber (like our dear friend Abigail!), so I never figured in a million years that you'd do that! You'd only been asleep for about an hour and you woke up crying. I was upstairs in the guest room working on some stuff, so I thought I'd try to let you cry it out. Then I heard the crying getting louder (like closer to me), so I thought your Daddy had gotten you. Well, I looked out the door and there you were sitting on the top step of the stairs!! (I hadn't closed the gate because who would have thought you could climb out of the crib?!?!). So I got you and put you back to bed. Well, the next day the bumper pad came out of the bed! I think that seems to have helped a little. I put you in the crib last night while you were still awake and you tried to hike your leg over the side but you couldn't quite do it without that pad! So I'm hoping that fixed it. I just don't think you're ready for a big boy bed (and I KNOW I'm not ready for that!!!). You're growing up way too fast, so let's just hold onto our crib for a little longer, OK!?That's all I have for an update for this week. We have a pretty lowkey weekend ahead of us, so hopefully we'll get some pool time in! I'll let you know next week though! I love you! Kiss Kiss from Mommy!
No comments:
Post a Comment