Friday, July 9, 2010

4th of July

Hey Buddy! You had quite a Fourth of July extravaganza! Thank goodness for Emme and her embroidery machine! You had a shirt for every day, so you could show your American pride every day! I tried to get pictures of each one, but you're not one to sit still for a photo opp! Here's what I could get!


Aren't they cute?!

We did our typical Mexican Friday night and then Saturday afternoon you had a girls' night (Grant has got to get older, so you can have some male companionship!!!) at Abigail's! After your nap, we went over there and played at their pool with Nicole, Abigail, Stephanie and Ellie. You guys had a lot of fun, but you couldn't make up your mind between the baby pool and the big pool. That got a little tiresome after a while, if I must say!! Then we headed back to Abigail's house for pizza - YUM! Then it was time for what us mom's had been waiting for - a bath with all 3 of you!!! You guys were so cute in the bathtub together. It was kind of a tight squeeze and poor Ellie didn't get the best seat in the house!! But Abigail showed you how she could draw in the tub and I think you guys had fun. We took videos and pictures just to be sure we have enough ammunition when you get older, and we need to bring 'em out (for embarrassment, blackmail, whatever)!!! Here's a sample!






Then we spent the night at Abigail's and went home the next morning.


We paid Baby Grant a visit that morning. We tried to get you two together, but I don't think we can stress "Gentle" enough with you!! One day he'll big enough for you to play with!!



The next night we went to Ellie's house! You and Ellie played outside in the baby pool and chased each other around the firepit, so cute!! Then we ate some yummy burgers that Jason grilled, and you guys got to watch Daddy and Jason with sparklers! You LOVED the little popper things. Jason kept throwing them on the ground, and they'd pop, and you would crack up laughing!!!



All in all, it was a great weekend with friends!
I have to brag on you too. You can count to 10!!! I had no idea you could do it. They were telling me at daycare that they were practicing counting but I had no idea how brilliant you were!! We were counting last weekend and I stopped when we got to 3 (underestimating you!) and you kept going. That was such a shock and a wonderful surprise! I'm trying to get it on video, but you are pretty stubborn and only do it on your terms!!! But it's precious whenever you do decide to do it!!
I'll fill you in on this weekend's fun-filled events next week. I love you!!!! Kiss Kiss from Mommy!

















No comments:

Post a Comment