Monday, June 8, 2009

Beach Bum

Well, we're back from the beach. What a trip! We had to haul a trailer to fit all of the luggage and baby stuff for the 8 adults and 3 babies! Your dad drove our SUV with the trailer and did a great job! Everything made it there in one piece - including us! You were really good in the car too - I can't complain! I think you really liked being in Florida. We tried to stick your toes in the ocean but you screamed as soon as we did it, so that was it for your ocean encounter! However, Miss Nicole brought a blowup baby pool and you LOVED that! I think you and Abigail would have played in that for days! Ellie seemed to like it too (in the Bumbo)! I had so much fun dressing you in your 5 bathing suits (and of course, matching hats and water shirts!). I think the trip was a success except for the nights. Your room was on the main level, so I think we kept you awake a few nights. I finally figured out to put you in our room in your swing and you slept like a champ! Unfortunately I figured that out on the 2nd to the last night! But other than that, we had a blast. Now you're back home and we're trying to get back into our regular schedule. I forgot to mention that while we were in Florida Mr. Jason found another tooth of yours! He was pretty proud to be the one to find it. You also started saying Mama!!!!!!! Mr. Jason said you really didn't have a choice since I kept repeating it to you 3,000 times. But nonetheless, you said it and you've been saying it a lot (you have no idea what it means, but that's OK!). We're really going to work on this sleeping thing. I've bought a book which will hopefully give me the secret to you sleeping through the night! I'm not holding out a lot of hope, but it's worth a try! Maybe by the time you go off to college, you'll have gotten the hang of it. And speak of the devil, you're crying right now after being asleep for an hour! Better go rock you! Kisses from Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment