Sunday, February 26, 2012

February Fun!

Hey Buddy! Sorry it's been a while since I've updated this, but you've decided that you don't really want to go to bed at night, so it's been a challenge going to bed every night, and Mommy's just been too tired to update the blog at night! Ever since that stupid Santa dream you had, you've been scared to be in your room at night by yourself, so you want either me or Daddy (usually Daddy actually) to lay with you until you go to sleep (which is a whole other problem because it takes you about an hour to go to sleep!). But I've found a few minutes to update as much as I can.







Since we talked last, you went to Ellie's 3rd birthday party! It was a Beauty and the Beast party, so you guys got to make your own crowns at the party. You LOVED your crown and wore it most of the night.






They had Beauty and the Beast playing in the media room, and at one point I went upstairs to check on you and found you in the media room all by yourself watching the movie! It is a good movie, I do agree!!! (I thought I had turned these pictures around but I guess not, sorry they're sideways!!)

Of course, we stayed after most people had left, and the kids played upstairs while the adults hung out downstairs. I went upstairs to check on you at one point, and found a little surprise. You, Abby and Ellie were all in Ellie's bathroom. Abby and Ellie were buck naked, and you were in the process of trying to take off your clothes. I asked what you guys were doing, and Abby told me you guys were taking a pretend bath! I went to go find the closest adult to help me corral you guys and put clothes back on. The nearest one I found was Jeremy. When he came to the bathroom, he took one look at you guys and yelled for Nicole! So all of the adults came up, and we got you all back in your clothes, and told you guys no more pretend baths!! It was so funny!!!

The next morning I tried to take you to church with Mommy's friend Miss Carrie and her little girl Chloe, but it wasn't a successful visit. You screamed when I left you at Sunday school, and when I picked you up you were still whimpering and you'd had an accident in your pants. You did manage to draw a picture and eat come goldfish though! We'll try that again, I promise!




Later that day we went to Abby's house for a Super Bowl party. Nicole and Jeremy had some of their friends over who had kids. You had a hard time sharing your besties with other kids, especially Abby who was way more interested in her friend Chloe (not the same Chloe as Miss Carrie's Chloe). I know that's hard Buddy, but there's plenty of love to go around to everyone!!



For Valentines, we made gifts for your classmates. We had Kool-aid in squeeze bottles and Hershey kisses (a squeeze and a kiss!). You did such a good job at counting the Hershey kisses and putting them in the bags!


In the middle of February, you went to another classmate's birthday party - Morgan. She had her birthday party at Monkey Joe's which is basically a room full of bouncy houses! You had a blast playing with Jameson and Jax. Your favorite part was the hurricane simulator! You and Jameson had the best time in it. Jax wasn't quite as courageous as you guys were, but he got such a kick out of standing outside of it and watching you too!!






That same weekend Emme and Papa had come for a visit. They hadn't seen you since Christmas, so they wanted to come visit. We just hung out at the house and played most of the weekend. We tried to go see a movie, but the web site that Mommy checked had the wrong time, so we had to come up with a Plan B which ended up being watching Bambi at home and popping popcorn. You were totally fine with Plan B (thank goodness!).The next weekend Granddaddy and KK came to visit. Mommy and Daddy were going out for an adult night out so they came up to watch you and Jake. You all had so much fun playing in your playhouse. You also got to see a lot of Grant that weekend. EP's niece Emmeline was born premature, so EP spent most of the weekend at the hospital, and Jay and Grant came over a lot to play. Grant is really into Thomas right now, so he LOVED your train table!!

That same weekend we did a first - you and Jake took your first bath together! I had to try it out first with an extra pair of hands, so KK helped me with it. But you guys did great! Jake LOVES to splash in the water and you were so sweet giving him any toy he wanted. This is going to make my life so much easier now that I don't have to give 2 separate baths anymore!! So that's February in a nutshell. Hopefully I'll be better about updating this, but I'm not making any promises!!! Until next time, Kiss Kiss from Mommy!!!













No comments:

Post a Comment