For Uncle Jay's birthday, we all (you, me, Daddy, Granddaddy, KK, Uncle Jay, EP and Baby Grant) went to Pickwick Lake for the weekend to celebrate. We stayed in your Fullen cousins' condo and had a blast. We played on the playground, walked on the dock at the lake and got to see lots of boats (really big boats!). I think Uncle Jay enjoyed his birthday (and you did too)!
After we got back home, we decided to go ahead and give you another one of your birthday presents early. A tricycle! It's so cool because it grows with you. Right now we push it and you just sit there. Soon you'll learn how to pedal and you'll be off and running (or biking!).
One weekend, you and I headed to Little Rock. Our mission was to go to the World Cheese Dip Championship!! Doing this meant we had to leave bright and early on a Saturday (missing the last zoo class - we made 2 out of the 6 classes! Oh well, we'll call it a donation to the zoo!). So we packed up and left and got to Little Rock mid-afternoon. We picked up Emme and Papa and headed out to the park for the Championship. WELLLLL, Mommy was crushed to find out when we got there that they had RUN OUT OF CHEESE DIP!! Seriously!?!?! Yep, it happened. So we loaded back in the car and headed back to Emme's house. The rest of the weekend was way more fun! You got to have a cookout with Uncle Jimmy, TJ, Sarah, Kevin, Dennis, Ruthie and Aunt Edith! You went on a tractor ride with Papa and played ball with TJ.

We even raced golf carts - we smoked Aunt Edith!!

Then we visited with Grandpa and Meemo and Beepo. You were so cute giving your goldfish to Riley (their poodle). Such a good sharer! We got to have our usual US Pizza as always, too!
Last weekend we went to the pumpkin patch with the gang. You had a blast!! There were animals, a maze and all kinds of great kids activities. You and Abigail were so cute going back into the woods (you guys keep sneaking off in the woods together - anything we need to know!?!?) and playing.

THEN (I know, there's more!), you and Daddy loaded up and drove to Ripley for a few days. Mommy didn't know what to do with herself with all of the free time, but I found some good uses for it. But I sure was glad to see you back home!! I think you guys had a lot of fun. From what I hear, you got to see tractors and cows, and you played in a sandbox and went to the park!

In between all of this, you've started a new class! You're now in Miss Jessica's room upstairs (and back with Berkley!). You seem to have adjusted very well. I wasn't sure how you'd handle it, but you seem to be doing just fabulously. I think the main reason is that there are some toy sea creatures in the room. You were so excited to see a stingray!!!! And Miss Jessica is so impressed with how smart you are (including the fact that you even knew what a stingray is!). She keeps writing on your daily reports how she's just amazed at how much you know (colors, shapes, animals)!! You're Daddy is trying to take credit for this, but we all know who's the brains behind this operation, right!?!?!
Speaking of school, they had their annual Fall Fest this past Friday night. With your love of all things aquatic (and Nemo, especially), Mommy decided that you'd be awfully cute dressed up as Nemo for Halloween. So this was our first chance to wear the costume. You weren't too thrilled about getting in it, but once you were in, you were OK. As soon as we got there they were taking pictures so we put the headpiece on and you actually kept it on for pictures!! I couldn't believe it. But very shortly after we got there, it was "Nemo off!" If only you'd known what a celebrity you were at school! While you were walking through the halls, all of the little kids kept saying "There's Nemo!!" They were so excited!
Once we paraded you around to see all of your teachers, we had a bite to eat and then you played in the jumpy house! You did NOT want to get out of it, so I wasn't quite sure how I was going to get you out (it was an infant jumpy house, so there was no way Mommy was fitting into it to get you out).
But luckily one time you bounced and fell right by the opening, so I snatched you out as soon as I could get a good grip!!! I know, it sounds horrible, but it really wasn't that bad! Then you went back inside and played with Bella (she's one of our friends from your old class)! She is so cute (I wish I had a picture of you too). You guys kept giving each other hugs - it was so precious. HOWEVER, you got a little excited and kept pushing her down. I know it wasn't mean spirited, you were just really excited. Poor, sweet Bella - every time you pushed her down, she'd cry for a second and I'd make you apologize to her and then she'd just laugh and you guys would hug. It was so precious!!!! But after about the fourth push, it was time to go!
I think that wraps up the past few weeks (I won't say in a nutshell because this has gotten pretty long, I know, sorry!). We'll talk soon because we've got lots coming up for the Halloween weekend. Kiss Kiss from Mommy!
Speaking of school, they had their annual Fall Fest this past Friday night. With your love of all things aquatic (and Nemo, especially), Mommy decided that you'd be awfully cute dressed up as Nemo for Halloween. So this was our first chance to wear the costume. You weren't too thrilled about getting in it, but once you were in, you were OK. As soon as we got there they were taking pictures so we put the headpiece on and you actually kept it on for pictures!! I couldn't believe it. But very shortly after we got there, it was "Nemo off!" If only you'd known what a celebrity you were at school! While you were walking through the halls, all of the little kids kept saying "There's Nemo!!" They were so excited!
Once we paraded you around to see all of your teachers, we had a bite to eat and then you played in the jumpy house! You did NOT want to get out of it, so I wasn't quite sure how I was going to get you out (it was an infant jumpy house, so there was no way Mommy was fitting into it to get you out).
But luckily one time you bounced and fell right by the opening, so I snatched you out as soon as I could get a good grip!!! I know, it sounds horrible, but it really wasn't that bad! Then you went back inside and played with Bella (she's one of our friends from your old class)! She is so cute (I wish I had a picture of you too). You guys kept giving each other hugs - it was so precious. HOWEVER, you got a little excited and kept pushing her down. I know it wasn't mean spirited, you were just really excited. Poor, sweet Bella - every time you pushed her down, she'd cry for a second and I'd make you apologize to her and then she'd just laugh and you guys would hug. It was so precious!!!! But after about the fourth push, it was time to go!
I think that wraps up the past few weeks (I won't say in a nutshell because this has gotten pretty long, I know, sorry!). We'll talk soon because we've got lots coming up for the Halloween weekend. Kiss Kiss from Mommy!
No comments:
Post a Comment