Monday, June 28, 2010

Been awhile!

Hey Buddy! I was told this weekend that I needed to do a better job at writing in this blog so I'm going to try to start doing this weekly again. I'm sure a lot has happened over the past couple of months, but I'll just fill you in on the most recent stuff! First and foremost, you have a new baby cousin!! Grant Robert Grugett was born June 25 at 12:48 p.m. We took you to daycare that day so your daddy and I could go to the hospital and wait for him to be born. Then the plan was to pick you up from daycare and take you to the hospital to see him. It kind of worked that way! I got a terrible stomach bug and had to leave the hospital so your dad and Aunt Pam picked you up and took you back to the hospital. I missed your first introduction to Grant! But from what I gather, you really weren't too concerned about him. We've been to see him a couple of times since then, and you still don't seem too interested, but I'm sure that will all change soon enough (as soon as he starts trying to take your toys!).
It's been such a hot summer so far. You LOVE playing in the baby pool we have set up on the deck. We've taken you to the big pool a couple of times and you like it, but I think you get tired of us holding you. Seeing as you don't know how to swim, you're just going to have to deal with that for a little while until we can get you some swim lessons - next year (after your tubes come out!).
We ended up not going to Destin this year with the gang. Since EP and Uncle Jay couldn't go we took an adults only trip to the Dominican Republic. It was a good time, but I must say I missed our Destin trip with them. That will definitely be in the plans for next year!
You are talking so much these days. I love it!! You said your name this weekend for the first time and it's so cute!!! Now I know that Abigail has all of the kids beat on most of the things that you babies (or toddlers) are supposed to be doing, but you definitely have her beat on your name. You say Ry-an while she says Ronnie! Nicole thinks it's so cute that she calls you Ronnie, but I've already told her that's one that's not going to stick! We're going to make sure of that!! You need to set her straight on what your name is - and it's not Ronnie!! You also call Nemo, Meemo. So I'm trying to differentiate Nemo from your great-grandmother Meemo, but that's not working just yet! You know the difference between the two but you just call them both Meemo!
And you've become quite fascinated with Sesame Street characters. Mostly Ernie! I think that's hilarious because that's not one that kids typically attach to. Usually it's Elmo, which you do like, but Ernie is by far your favorite! We've already lost one Ernie figurine somewhere in the house, so your dad went out and bought you another one. I'm sure in about 10 years we'll be searching for something else and come across Ernie stuffed in a crevice somewhere in the house!!
I think that's it for now. We're going to take EP and Uncle Jay some food tonight, so we'll see how well you do with Grant at their house. Hopefully I can get a decent picture of the two of you together!
I hope you're having a fabulous day at school and showing off how smart you are with all of your talking!! I love you bunches! Kiss Kiss, Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment