Monday, February 15, 2010

Winter Fun

Hey Buddy! It's been quite the winter wonderland this year. It's very unusual for us to get a lot of snow, but I think so far, it's already snowed 3 times (including right now!). We've only had one really good snow where it was even worth getting out in it. We probably got about 4 inches a few weeks ago, so your dad and I thought we'd get you out in it and see what you thought. I think you really liked it. There was a layer of ice over most of the snow, so we put you in a laundry basket and slid you down a slope in the backyard! You were a little leary at first, but I think you enjoyed it for the most part. We lasted about 15 minutes and Mommy was ready to go back inside! You weren't though! I'm so ready for spring to get here so we can take you to the park - Mommy will last longer that 15 minutes when the temperature is above 60 degrees!!

Can you believe that Ellie turned 1 last week!??!? She had her big birthday party last weekend. You had a BLAST playing with the balloons and running back and forth down Jason & Stephanie's hallway. I think it may have been all the sugar you ate from the birthday cake!




Ellie did put you to shame though on the birthday cake eating contest. Now this girl knows how to do it!! (But I must say, that mess would have freaked me out if you had done that at your birthday party!!!)





This past weekend was Valentine's Day. On Friday, your class had a Valentine's party. Basically they just had cookies and sweet stuff during snacktime, but I got to come see you and watch you sit at your big table and eat. It was so precious to watch you and your friends together.
That's Berkeley to your right. You guys are so cute together!!!


As for what you're doing these days, you do a lot of cute things, but you've also started throwing temper tantrums. I guess the day had to come, didn't it? Distraction seems to work most of the time, but you can throw some real whoppers! This is just a phase, right?!?!!


Now on to the cute things! Despite everything I once said, we've let you watch some TV (just so I can get some things done around the house or get ready in the morning). The good news is you primarily just watch Baby Einstein videos, which seem to have some teaching elements to them. And you absolutely love them! You love them so much that you know the Baby Einstein logo and go crazy whenever you see it. You also have become quite attached to the DVD covers! Last night you held onto it while I rocked you to sleep, and it's about the only thing that will quiet you down when you are having a tantrum. But hey, I guess there could be worse things that you could be crazy about, right?!
(Don't laugh at your dark socks - we just threw some on to keep your feet warm!)
We also got a few of your latest tricks on video - enjoy!


You're brilliant!!!!
Well, I think we're up to speed on what's going on. I hope you and Daddy are enjoying your day today since you're out of school and he's off work. I'll see you in a little while. I love you! Kiss Kiss from Mommy!!!























No comments:

Post a Comment