This is something totally new for me, but Miss Nicole did this for Abigail, and I thought it was so cool. So here I go! This blog is for you Ryan, so you'll hopefully be able to read about your early years and know how much you are loved and how blessed we are to have you in our lives. I'm going to try to keep these as short as possible, but this first one might be a doozie since I've got to catch up on 6 months!! Now, on to the disclaimers:
1) I like to type fast and I usually leave words out, so with me (see, I meant to say bear with me)!
2) I'm going to try to do this weekly, but things get hectic sometimes, so we'll see how it goes.
3) I'm not a natural-born comedian, but I do try to keep things light and comical, so humor me and laugh at them!!
4) If you don't like anything I've written, your dad made me write it!
I figured today would be a good day to start this since it's your 6-month birthday. I'm not going to rehash the past 6 months, but in a nutshell, you were born (and you were huge), you've been eating, pooping, playing and sleeping (sometimes) ever since! You've pretty much hit all of the milestones you're supposed to except rolling over. You absolutely hate tummy time so we don't do that as much as we should. But you're starting to sit up on your own, so I think you're doing just fine! So now on to more recent things.
Last week you and I went to the beach. We drove 7 hours for your first trip to Destin! Your Emme and Papa met us halfway though (thank goodness!). You actually did really well. You slept almost the entire way. You had your first walk on the beach (which you fell asleep during), your first swim in the pool (which all you wanted to do was lick the water off the float) and your first taste of peas (which you did not like - we're trying them again, don't think you're getting away with not eating peas!). You actually started sleeping through the night there too which was suprising because you were sleeping in your pack & play. Unfortunately you caught some kind of virus and starting getting a little cough halfway through the trip. So your Emme watched you during the day while I got to go to the beach - very nice! You slept for most of the trip back as well. We had to take you to the dr. when we got back though and they said you had another double ear infection (this is #2). So you're taking antibiotics and hopefully won't get another one, right?!
I threw a shower for our cousins Melissa & Brian (and future cousin George) on Saturday so your dad watched you while I did that. You guys needed some guy time anyway because you hadn't seen him all week. He claims you said dada while he was watching you but I didn't buy it. But I have heard you say it since, so maybe he wasn't totally dreaming! Now we've GOT to work on mama!!
This week has been pretty uneventful. You've been doing pretty well at sleeping through the night. Now that depends on what your definition of sleeping through the night is! The books say 5-6 hours which you're right on track with, but I say waking up at 4 a.m. is NOT sleeping through the night!! But I'm so tired at that time, that I put you in the rocking chair with me and we go back to sleep for an hour or so. I believe that goes against everything the books say, but you and I both sleep really well that way!! You tried green beans which I think you liked at first, but you weren't real happy with them last night! Oh, that's one thing, you are VERY impatient when it comes to eating. When you're ready to eat, you're ready to eat and you let me know! I wonder where you got that from, hmmmm? We've been working on you sitting up and and you really do it well. You only fall on your face once or twice!! I think you're starting to notice Lexie more too. When I'm holding you and she's walking around you just about fall out of my arms to look down and see her!
This weekend your KK and Granddaddy are coming up to see you. Tonight, your dad and I are going to your cousin Matthew's birthday dinner tonight and your dad's favorite restaurant, Goten. Then Saturday night we're going to Mr. Jason's (Ellie's dad) birthday dinner. Hopefully you'll be on your best behavior with your grandparents! You always are though!!
OK I'm done- I swear, the others won't be this long!! I can't wait to see you this afternoon!! (By the way, I think you really like daycare. Ms. Jennifer is so sweet and she raves about you all the time!) Kisses from Mommy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment